Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our New Diggs

First off, a big thanks to Maycie for your hard work during the move.
We have arrived in our new town and it is very Bizzare. It reminds me of Radiator Springs. We had some people come and help us move in wich was nice. Especially the guy who handed stuff out of the truck and called loudly the contents of which he was handing off. Every time. Glad we put all the unmentionables in non see through containers.
This is the view that we get to see, It is so much nicer than seeing a hundred other houses that look exactly like yours.
This is the Kid's school wich is a whole other post in itself. Let me just say one lunch lady, and old fashioned desks that open from the top.
They also have much of the same playground equipment that I had when I was a kid. Riley is currently trying to master the "cherry drop" on their bars.
"The Post Office" look familiar Meadow?
And finally, the part the kills me. This is our church. It is very little house on the Prarie. I was told that is was bought from the Baptists for One Dollar. ONE DOLLAR!? I know that Mormons are bargain shoppers, but really.
Note the crooked steeple, maybe this brought the price down. Cody said it was probably when they broke the sides of the cross off to make it a straight steeple. That made me laugh. Hard.




















4 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

Home sweet home. Welcome and stay awhile. Nothing like the small town charm to make you feel cozy...and dated.

Losee Family said...

hey welcome home. I never thought i would see the little house on the prairie town. I thought those were all gone. crazy. I'm excited to come see it. Who is polly? She left a message on mine too.

leslie jo said...

ok that is tooo funny about the cross! I laughed! glad you are liking it there so far!

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get there and get a little settled. Sounds like life should be a little exciting in this new little town I hope you all don't have too much fun.